Okay. Let's just be honest.
I don't like projects.
They tend to stress me out ... it kinda feels like a big 'ol rock hanging over my head,
that could drop any minute.
Crazy, I know.
So the science fair is not really the top of my list.
Actually, the experiment part is pretty fun.
It's all the paper work and the display that I dread every year.
Thankfully, this year, only 1 had to do it.
Just Jacob was required.
In the past, I've gone a bit crazy and made Blaine do it too.
Not this year.
Bowdie is always great to take care of the experiment part with the kids.
This year, Jacob wanted to do a project involving carbonated drinks & Mentos.
**if you've never put the 2 of these together - do it! But be sure you're outside,
on the grass, and can run quickly away when they collide!**
So basically Jacob decided to research which of the carbonated drinks
would give off the biggest 'geyser' when Mentos were dropped in.
These were his choices.
So he weighed the bottles before ...
... he added the Mentos and ...
... ran to avoid the spray!
Bowdie helped to measure approximately how high the drink went.
Then he came back inside and weighed what was left of the sodas.
And this was his final display.
He ended up taking first place for 3rd grade with this!
Way to go Jake!!!
And WHEW! Another project complete.
Mama was soooo-ooooo happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!