Friday, June 20, 2014

Hello Cooperstown!

Oh my goodness.
The drive from New York City to Cooperstown can only be described as gorgeous.
We literally were out of the city only about 10 minutes when the landscape changed drastically.

No tall buildings.
No crammed streets.
No honking horns.
No smog.

Pure beauty.
Countryside.
Green trees.
Rolling hills.

I had no idea!
All I knew of New York state was the city.
And as fun as it can be, 
it is NOT a place I'd want to live.

But as we headed upstate,
wow.
Breathtaking.

I wish I had more pictures of the drive.
I will add them if I find some 
(coulda sworn I took some!)

Anyway, it took us just under 4 hours to get to Cooperstown.
We went through what felt like a bazillion little
1 stoplight towns.
So rural!

This will give you a bit of an idea …
felt a lot like the north Georgia mountains, only greener!
(totally hijacked this off Baseballism's instagram!)

This is main street in Cooperstown.
Think quaint little country town.
Just a couple of red lights.
Mom and Pop restaurants.
So fun!

We met the team at the local pizza place.
Bowdie's parents, who drove, already had arrived.
So thankful for them!
They had ordered our food and we were able to eat right away.
The place was small but the food delicious.
The boys were all thrilled to see each other.
You could almost feel their excitement.
Seriously.
I'll try my best not to be overly dramatic about the whole trip,
but it truly was a once in a lifetime experience!

One quick snapshot before heading to Dreams Park!
Such a fun week waiting ahead!!
back row (l to r):  Austin Gusaeff, Luke Davis, John LeMasters, Jarrett Jenkins, Jake Webb,
Thomas LeMaster, Anthony Roides, Mason Ashby, Blake Hyde
front row (l to r):  Thomas Headley, Reese Tedder, and Tyler Jones
missing:  Michael Milroy (not sure what happened!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!