Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

What a fun weekend!  It started out with my nephews, Jesse and Micah, getting to come and stay with us.  My sister and her hubby wanted a weekend to themselves to celebrate their 17th anniversary.  My boys were all thrilled to have Jesse and Micah come - especially Jarrett since he had a baseball game on Saturday and was getting to pitch ... it was important to him that his cousins see him in action!  Friday night we all went to the G-Braves game and had a good time.  Then Saturday morning we had my mom and dad and Bowdie's mom and dad over for a Mother's Day b'fast.  Bowdie's Aunt Carol was visiting, so she came as well.  This has become our tradition and one that I always look forward to.  My sweet in-law's knew how much I was wanting a hydrangea bush and brought me one as my Mother's Day gift - I'm so excited to have the beautiful blooms to clip and decorate with!  After b'fast we visited and bit, then everyone left and we piddled around the house.  Jarrett had a game in the late afternoon and then we enjoyed pizza afterward.  On Sunday, Bowdie made me a delicious b'fast with gifts from the boys ... Jarrett thinks I'm 12 feet tall but weigh only 2 lbs!  So funny!  We enjoyed the morning at church, came home and ate a bite and rested, then Mom and Dad, Tamara and Rob, and Jordan and Lena Raechel came over for a dinner from the grill.  Fun times for all!  What a great day enjoying family and my boys ...

My beautiful hydrangea - we're going to add 2 more to finish around the tree.  Can't wait to see more blooms!

Okay - this is the posed shot with my boys ... they look so sweet and calm ...

This is the reality shot of my boys - Blaine with his tongue sticking out - being goofy!!

Okay - so here are me, my sister and my mom.  Tamara got all 3 of us these super cute shirts from the "Life is Good" store ... they all say 'Mom' on them ...

Jordan, my 12 year old niece, while shopping with my mom on Saturday, came upon these cute pink shirts for her and Lena Raechel.  They say 'Mother's Day' on them ... I love that we all match!

Here is Jesse - he and Micah fished quite a bit all weekend ... Jess caught a nice bass after we ate on Sunday ... 

Jesse's 15th birthday is this Sunday, so I wanted to celebrate since we wouldn't see him on his actual birthday.  In keeping with tradition, my mom made him a cake (cookie cake) and we had a little festivity!!

I believe Jordan came up with the theme of Jesse's cake - this is his nickname on the baseball team at North Hall ...

Blowing out all 15 candles ... I can't believe he's that old!  (Blaine and Lena Raechel are looking on.)  Life, indeed, is VERY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would LOVE to hear from you!