Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer School ... Team Jenkins style!

Okay, so being a former teacher is a blessing and sometimes a curse. I love seeing my kids work and use the skills they've learned. During the summer, this translates into journal writing and reading books to one another. The boys don't necessarily love this, but I know it's good for them, so I try to have them do it somewhat regularly. On one particular day in June, I had told the boys to write about their favorite character in the Bible. Jarrett chose Daniel because of the lions and he did a great job writing about it. Blaine, though, is the one that blew me away. He worked HARD on his journal and when he finally brought it to me, this is what it said ...

'Jesus is my favorite character because he died on the cross to save us from sin.'

WHOA ... out of the mouth of babes! I'll be keeping this one for sure!

1 comment:

Would LOVE to hear from you!