Men and their machines. It seems anything with an engine will just about start a man salivating. Bowdie is no exception. Since we've moved into this house with the much larger yard, he's had his eye on a new lawn mower. But not just any lawn mower. One of those serious-looking ones that you see landscapers use. Coincidentally, we have a good friend that works for Exmark, a producer of aforementioned serious lawnmowers. So of course, Bowdie asked Chad to keep his eye for a good deal.
Lo and behold, Chad did find a great deal on a great mower for Bowdie. The new toy - I mean machine - arrived today. My husband was giddier than I've seen him in a long time. A week ago, he dreaded cutting grass. He even allowed me to cut it all summer with the riding mower, which I enjoyed. I say 'allowed' because grass cutting is something he takes very seriously. He calls it his creative outlet. He plots and plans. And if the lines in the yard aren't just right, he gets frustrated. So 'allowing' me to mow it - well, let's just say the lines never were straight this summer.

Fresh off the trailer ... Chad delivered it and everything. He's a good man.

Notice the other men checking it out ... remember what I said about men and machines. We wives were giggling at them.

All thumbs up ... I mean, what's not to love? Bigger machine = less time cutting grass. Which I think actually Bowdie is a little sad about. I even caught him cutting the sides of Hayes Road. Watch out ... you might see him riding it to work one day. :)
yeah for yall! a good mower can shave off HOURS in the yard! i remember when it took larry over 3 hours to cut the grass when we lived out on the "farm."
ReplyDeleteyes - we learned a long time ago a much overlooked use of money ... to buy time. in this instance, he is buying time by shaving time. and it will be a tool the boys will be able to use to earn money as they get older (chad assures us it will hold up extremely well for LOTS of years) ... so, less time in the yard = more time with the fam ... i'm all for it!
ReplyDeleteOk, so I love this post. And I love that Bowdie was cutting Hayes Road with the mower. Can't wait to pull up to car riders and see him cutting Mulberry's grass!
ReplyDelete