South Georgia is a wonderful place to spend Thanksgiving.
Here are a few reasons:
1. I'm such a tradition girl and this has been my
family's tradition since I can remember.
2. We stay at my grandparent's homeplace.
Which is in the middle of nowehere.
Which I used to think was so boring.
But now I love the tucked away feeling.
3. With 3 boys, the wide open space is perfect.
Over 300 acres.
Of farmland.
As far as you can see.
And quiet.
Except for the sound of a tractor or 2.
But not cars.
Because, remember, we are in the middle of nowhere.
In fact, beside the definition of 'rural',
I'm pretty sure there's picture of Dawson.
So, in keeping with number 3, check out what the
family did with all that wide open space.
Perfect for dirtbikes, four wheelers, a dune buggy,
and a mule. Absolutely ideal.
Day one: Bowdie found a pallet in the field and used it to drag the track smooth.
Notice where Jarrett & Blaine ended up.
Hey, when you don't have snow ... red dirt works just fine!
Blaine suited and ready. New bike. Wide open fields. Happy boy.
Happy mom.
Jarrett ready on the boys' other bike. He was pretty pumped too.
Just takin' a break. I mean, the child wouldn't even leave his bike to rest. He's pretty attached, as you can see.
J-man taking a break ...
Bo getting ready to ride with the boys.
No, this is not his bike.
Special thanks to our friend Ben for letting
him borrow this one for the week.
My nephew Micah on his bike. He was a madman.
The track around the fields was almost 3 miles long.
He could do it in less than 5 minutes.
Seriously.
I witnessed it.
Nana riding with Jordan.
Glad to add the dune buggy back this year.
Thanks to Rob for doing some mechanical work to it!
Yes, that's me. On the boys' blue bike.
It was quite the exciting ride.
The ground came up and bit me. Hard.
See Blaine behind me? It freaked him out pretty bad.
He refused to leave me and stayed right behind me
the rest of the ride. Love that boy!
Just a small boo boo on the knee.
I now respect the bike. Ouch.
Proof that pants are appropriate for riding
bikes, NOT capris. Lesson learned.
Micah ... nice and dirty.
Could I love this picture more?!
J-man. Those helmets do wild things to hair.
Jordan getting in on the fun.
She was a great rider.
Jess getting ready.
Everyone was getting timed going around the fields.
Except me.
Pretty sure my time was 10+ minutes. SLOW.
Rob thoroughly enjoyed Ben's bike.
This was the closest Lena got to driving a bike.
She loved riding with him.
My cousin, Cory, even rode with him!
My cousin Cory again, with her nephew Cade.
My Uncle Bob and Aunt Sandra.
Uncle Bob is cuh-razy.
Keeps us all in stitches.
School teacher and coach for 30+ years.
He's got the stories. Lots of 'em.
And Uncle Bob again ...
he decided these were the best wheels to use ...
no gas required, no helmet needed, low risk involved ...
Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would LOVE to hear from you!